Thursday, January 19, 2006

American Idol, Invasion

Yes I know you watch it too don't lie:) well it never ceases to amaze the number of people who think they can sing a tune or even a note.Sometimes I think some of these nutcases want to be the next William Hung which is just sad.Simon ofcourse makes this show work as he brutally decimates the American Idol wannabees.The two episodes I watched had monster ratings which begs the question where would Fox be without this juggernaut? no wonder they are paying Simon all that dough coz they realise without him the show fails to exist, unfortunately so does he:).So far the contestants have been horrible but thats to be expected there is a gem in there somewhere.Simon recently blasted Kelly Clarkson for refusing the contestants to use her songs.I agree with him, without the show Kelly would have been a nobody like millions of others who may have talent but don't have the shot to fulfill their dreams.At first when Simon said that the winner of the competitions would sell millions of records I was not that convinced, however after Kelly Clarkson , Clay Aiken and Carrie Underwood I have to admit he knew what he was talking about.

I was abit tied up and missed Lost which blows however I watched Invasion which is actually an intriguing show.Am not sure how many people are watching but its a good show and am entertained each week.Hopefully people catch on and start watching it coz its quite good in my opinion.

I finished up The Shield season 4 and I was blown away as usual.The writing and acting in this show is top notch.FX is owning everyone with this show together with Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me.Another show am interested in checking out is Weeds starring Mary louise Parker who surprised all by winning the golden globe recently.I also watched Cinderella Man which was very good.Say what you want about Russel Crowe but the guy can act and will be winning a few more gold statues before he is done.Ron Howard knows what he is doing see A Beautiful Mind, and now this one am sure he has made others but these are the only two I have seen.His producing partner Brian Grazer will always own due to him producing 24.I missed most of the globes as I was too hooked on the 2 day premiere of 24 but the people I thought would win won so I didn't miss much.

Otherwise I will check back tomorrow as I see Fox moved The O.C opposite C.S.I which is puzzling as it will get slaughtered gotta love Fox they do do some hair raising stuff.Enjoy the tube cya lata............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 1286329