Monday, December 12, 2005

Greys Anatomy and more drivel

Only thing I watched this weekend of note was my favourite show.It had a holiday theme as expected and was so so.We got to find out that Dr.Burke is "spiritual but not religious" interesting to say the least:).Yang as usual does not believe in santa claus or God for that matter which brought out some tense moments between her and Burke.Dr. Shepards wife is still trying to get her husband to get back with her the way things were before.She is attractive and I see him relaxing a bit around her recently, can't really blame him they were and are still married anyway.Alex is struggling not to fail his test again, its nice to see the other interns helping him out even though they think he his a tool. Izzy finally caved and also participated in helping him.There was a funny moment when omalley told the parent of a patient to basically STFU this mother was whining, complaining and finally planning on suing the hospital.Nice to see omalley MAN UP instead of just letting people run him over.

In other news Dreamworks was sold to Viacom, when it first came to gether I really envisioned SKG rolling over the other studios what with Spielbergs moviemaking and Katz cartoon making combined I figured they would wipe the floor with the other studios.Guess sometimes things don't work out as enivisioned. They haven't done badly anyway, the Shrek franchise is worth many millions plus after the AI and The Terminal hiccups Speilberg is back on track with War of the Worlds and the press getting Munich. Funny ancedote about AI and The Terminal they both made over $80mill but coz it was Spielberg they were seen as less than stellar numbers, this just shows how highly Spielberg is thought of infact the only director who is at his level money wise is George Lucas, I would put Martin Scorcese there but his movies for some reason only make dough if they have big time actors.He gets a lot of kudos from critics but always gets the short end of the stick at the oscars.

Speaking of the oscars there should be some good competition for best picture.Dicaprio really needs to get an oscar, not that he needs as he can pick and choose who he wants to work with.I know I know he is seen as a pretty boy but the dude can act in my opinion, The Beach was a highly under rated movie by the way.Tobey Maguire is another dude who is long over due he should go back to the Cider house rules days if he wants that golden man.Spiderman will get him dough but no cigar. Seabiscuit was a great movie,my best part was when Tobey told biscuit to just ride this is when they were so far behind, to see him bolt from dead last and catch up with the other horses was one of the best scenes I have seen, recently anyway.The other was when Cuba Gooding's character in Men of Honour was told to walk up to the judge wearing the diving gear in the courtroom! what a scene that was, if you didn't get choked up you have issues hehe.Funny after watching the Notebook I did not get choked up at all, maybe it was coz of all the hype I had heard about it before I watched it who knows.

In my opinion I think it is more difficult for a male actor to win a best actor than it is for a woman. My thinking comes from seeing Halle berry win for Monsters ball which where I think she did a great job it was controversial and the racial undertones played a big part in the academy giving Halle the oscar.Charlize Theron in that movie where she was a butch murdering lesbian.I think if you are a fairly successful female actress all you need to do is pick a controversial and difficult script and hope the critics like it see Hillary Swank in Boys don't Cry which by the way I thought was the best job I have seen a female actress do in a film,granted am only 24 and I saw her win the oscar before I watched the movie.I was extremely impressed with her performance in that film.There is something about Hillary on screen not sure what it is but I saw it in Boy's don't Cry and Million dollar baby, in my opinion if she did movies like these two she would win the best actress oscar annualy , I just don't see any other actress being on her level. Talk about coming a long way from the next karate kid debacle with the late Mr. Miyagi which was horrible by the way , to now two time best actress winner.

Is there some sought of oscar jinx? since Halle won the oscar the only noteworthy performance is x-men 2, Catwoman? didn't think so. Charlize Theron Aeon Flux? will struggle to make $30mill.Cuba gooding junior? last thing of note I think he did was radio? Men of Honor is still one of the best films I have seen him do.Also there is this perception that once you win the oscar you have made it atleast money wise, well when they released the highest paid women actresses I failed to see Hillary Swank who has won TWO yes TWO oscars, well deserved too I might add.I think the more complete actor has to be Tom Hanks, he can sell tickets and makes boatloads of cash plus he has acting chops with two oscars and was actually robbed of the third for Cast Away, don't get me started on that robbery:).

Tom Cruise is an actor I admire even though he has not gotten a best actor oscar which I believe he could get if he put his mind to it, I mean his movies make him serious coin so money isn't an issue of these days he should pick a good script of serious subject matter get a good director and go from there.Although I wonder if the academy would give it to him, they tend to go with the less in your face actors what with the Kate and Tom spectacle you have to wonder.Wonder how Will Smith felt to see Jamie Fox just bumrush the oscars and blow everyone away with the best oscar win althougth it was a forgone conclusion , what with Jamie winning every award possible before the big kahuna.Am sure he doesn't lose sleep as he has and will make more moolah than fox will ever dream of getting but still at some point you must get used to having bucketloads of cash and will want validation from the academy. Samuel l Jackson is another dude I wish would finally get an oscar atleast a nomination would be great sheesh, he busts his butt always and still no cigar, problem is he does like a billion movies a year hopefully he does one that is critically acclaimed and gets his dues.It was great to see Morgan Freeman get some props, he is too good an actor not to.Clint Eastwood is kicking ass of late what with Mysitc River and Million dollar baby both good movies I enjoyed watching.It was also nice to seee Sean Penn win he is also good although he should have won easily for I am Sam, what a good movie that was wow I was awestruck at how well he played that role.Nice to see evrybody give him a standing O ,in a unrealated matter I used to have a huge crush on his wife when she used to act in a soap called Santa Barbara.

Chris Rock apparently won't be hosting the oscars anytime soon, there were some rumblings that his jokes didn't go over too well with some members of the academy.Come on people you know what you are getting when you ask Rock to host, pity coz he really livened up the festivities last time, sometimes the show is like watching paint dry.It would be funny if they told Dave Chapelle to host now talk about high ratings! they would go through the roof what with the public salivating at seeing him again after he quit his show after two great seasons and the added factor of not knowing how far he would push the envelope would make for brilliant tv.Ok if you have survived through this post you are probably a few years older hehe funny how I was wondering how short this post would be after only watching Greys anatomy this weekend.cya later my fingers are falling apart from all this typing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 1286329