Saturday, August 05, 2006

Still alive.....

To the one person who reads this blog am still alive and kicking.Haven't watched that many interesting movies or tv series.Finished up deadwood season 2 and must say this is a very good, well acted show, too bad its coming to an end soon.I watched a few independent flicks like Baran, Osama they were meh.The stories were solid but they never moved me in any way, shape or form.Normally if a movie or series kicks ass I normally can't wait to blog about it the next day so the fact that I haven't blogged anything in some time tells you I didn't have anything good to report.I have been watching Hells Kitchen, Windfall, Kyle XY and re-runs of Grey's Anatomy.Now am not much of a re - run fan but I find myself still enjoying the re- runs of Grey's, just goes to show what a great show and what quality writing and acting it has.

M.night finally had a dud with Lady in the Water, he had been rolling along well with $100m plus boxoffice movies but it seems his latest is a dud, atleast according to the masses.I will mos def watch it though as I like his movies and personally think The Village got a bad rap.It would be interesting to see if he could do a show on tv like a drama of some sort that would be fun for us fans am sure. He is a big time director and may see tv as child's play although I disagree, he could do a show on FX or HBO that could be of some quality am sure.Oh another reason for my absence was the insane heat that scorched LA for over 20 days, it was very, very uncomfortable to spend long hours infront of a computer so that's one of my excuses:).

Curb your Enthusiasm and The Wire are out in the next week so that is some quality stuff right there.Am sure I will be raving on how The Wire OWNS shortly after completing watching it.I am a member of Netflix so I will be able to see the first episodes of 2 new NBC shows, Kidnapped and Studio 60, they better be good cause if they suck I will probably give them a pass.NBC badly needs some hits ever since friends ended its been all down hill, no dramas of any substance except the same ol Law and Order, ER, and the finito West Wing.I used to watch NBC as my no.1 network but nowadays I only glance there for Windfall and the addictive Deal or no Deal, Las Vegas is a good show but it will get buried in oblivion on friday nights.Friday nights are just the worst for a show to be scheduled.Most people are out and about so the best they will hope for is they don't die a slow death a la third watch.Oh I also watched the very boring confessions of a dangerous mind, the movie had such top talent but it dragged on and I almost fell asleep.

Hard to believe that Prison Break will be back in a few weeks, seems like yesterday when the season finale aired.This is actually a good move by Fox as it enables them to get a head start on the other networks and also try and launch Vanished which airs after Break.Upon seeing the billion shows coming this fall, its amusing to realise that more than half will not make it.Many, many will be yanked after a few weeks if no ratings materialise.Makes you wonder when you see tv stars whining about money when they should actually be thanking us the viewers for keeping their show on air and making them stars! This is why these stars should not be uppity if asked for autographs cause its those fans who are watching your mug every week, the least you can do is show the fans some appreciation for enabling your career to flourish and get you those big pay checks.

In other news the middle east is turning into a hell hole with the continous fighting between those Hezbolla thugs and Israel not mentioning those ballsy Iranians and Syrians just addinig fuel to the fire.Kim jon il must be going nuts as he is not in the headlines where he likes to be, maybe he will test a few missles to get everyone's attention again.The biggest poker tournament ever is currently underway and a friend of mine Johan did quite well and poketed over $30k so congrats m8 you pwned them all, next time they will all pay!.Anyway just wanted to check in to the one reader that may have wondered what happened to da boy, still around am sure I will be back to day by day post mode soon until then have a good week all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 1286329